Are you thing of a career in medicine?
The Step Up Youth Program offers high school students aged 14-18 an opportunity to “Step Up, and….”
- C.A.R.E. (practice Island Health’s C.A.R.E. values – Courage, Aspire, Respect, Empathy)
- Learn about healthcare, mentoring for clinical and non-clinical careers
- Lead by leading programs and activities, creating new programs
For the 2020/21 school season:
• Applications can be submitted for next year until June 30, 2020
• Interviews will take place in July 2020, at select sites that have the Step Up Youth Program
• There will be an in-service training day on August 20, 2020, at RJH, VGH, and NRGH.
The Step Up Youth Program is an opportunity to immerse yourself in the medical community allowing you to see many of the different positions in a hospital and if a career in medicine is for you!
Volunteer shifts typically run 2 hours centering around: